Do you really get what being kind means? Can you clearly explain kindness and why it is so important to your children? (It’s not just about keeping the peace in the house!). Hear some biblical points of being kind and why it matters in the day-to-day interactions. It takes courage to be kind when it matters most!
Verses for kindness:
- .The Kindness of God –
- “Thy marvelous lovingkindness” Psalm 17:7, Psalm 92:2
- “How excellent is thy lovingkindness: Psalm 36:7
- “They lovingkindness is better than life” Psalm 63:3
- “His merciful kindness” Psalm 117:2, Psalm 119:76
- Kindness: a gift of the Spirit Galatians 5:22-23
- Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (ESV)
- A man who is kind benefits himself, but a cruel man hurts himself. Proverbs 11:17
- She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26 (ESV)
- But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil. Luke 6:35 (ESV)
- Kind words are like honey. They are sweet to the spirit and bring healing to the body. Proverbs 16:24 (NIRV)
- Teaches optimism
- Opportunity for gratefulness
- Encourages others
- Puts others first
- Feels good!
- Allows people to see Jesus working in us
Share your thoughts and experiences on kindness below.