Hear Steph and Christine share some scripture-based perspectives on forgiveness the way God intended. Be encouraged with some insight on whether we forgive and forget, what forgiveness can be like to give and to receive, teaching forgiveness to your children and direction on forgiving yourself.
- Ephesians 4:32 – Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
- Mark 11:25 – And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
- 1 John 1:9 – If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- Matthew 6:15 – But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
- Matthew 18:21-22 – Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.”
- Ephesians 6:10-12 – Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Comment below with your thoughts and ideas on how to deal with forgiveness or give your testimony of God’s forgiveness towards you.