New topic in a new season. In the next 8 episodes we’ll be talking about biblical values for building faith and family. Each show we’ll take one value and present scripture to support how we can encourage our family, including ourselves, to grow in that area.
This episode we focus on humility:
- why teaching and practicing humility is important
- watching our ego
- resisting the temptation to compare – especially with siblings and not trying to be better than others
- how we can give gentle reminders to make our children aware of being humble
Scriptures about humility:
- “Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.” James 4:10
- “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom.” Proverbs 11:2
- “But he gives more grace. Therefore it says, God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you.” 1 Peter 5:6
Who is the Greatest? “At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3 and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 18: 1-4
Comment below about your lessons in humility and share your thoughts on the ideas we’ve talked about.