Whatever stage of parenting you’re at, be assured that you are raising a treasure to cherish. There are many tests and trials that every parent will go through – there’s no avoiding tough times as a parent. What we can also be assured of is that we have been equipped to raise our specific children in a way that’s best for them. Sure, we may make a few mistakes along the way, but as long as we trust in God’s providence, we know that the children we have are just where they should be.
- Trust that God is with you.
- Marvel at the things your child does. (Luke 2:49-51) Sometimes we don’t see things from their point of view.
- Be strong through the tough lessons. Mary had to watch her son die on the cross, but knew it was a necessary part of God’s plan.
- Be patient to see God’s work in their lives. Mary didn’t see Jesus fully in action until he was in his thirties.
- Luke 1:28: (Angel visits Mary) And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”
- Luke 2:49-51 (she treasured these things in her heart.) And he said to them, “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father’s house?” And they did not understand the saying that he spoke to them. And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.
- Wedding of Cana miracle: John 2:2-5 Jesus also was invited to the wedding with his disciples. When the wine ran out, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” And Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does this have to do with me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
Share below about your comments on the episode and how you treasure your children.