We are set apart as Christians, but we are also set apart for a specific way of life with our children. We are to lead with God’s direction and not be conformed to this world. It’s not an easy or simple approach to life, but as we know from Romans 12:2, we are transformed by the renewal of our mind (through reading the Word of God and prayer) and by testing we discern what is the will of God and what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Listen in for a perspective on how to make your family set apart and unique in the eyes of God.
- Fear of God; Find grace in the eyes of the Lord, so much that it extends to your family.
- Condemned the world: Condemned meaning “declared unfit for us”
- You have to be a little crazy – building a boat on land, nowhere near water.
- Stick with it – Noah and his family took 100 years to build the ark,
- Be unique in your family life – do not be conformed, even to what seems like a model Christian family.
- Paving the way for future generations
- Hebrews 11:7: By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
- Genesis 6-9 (Story of Noah)
- Romans 12:2: Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
- Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. ‘ (Prov. 22:6.)
God's Blessing on Your Family
Read the lyrics to The Blessing and be moved by the Spirit with the performance.
Have you prayed on what God’s purpose is for your family? You and each one in your family have a purpose that God has given you. He has also given your family a purpose as you live and grow together. He has set you apart – you are a holy people – chosen and blessed.