Peace can flow through the things of the world (people, experiences), but true peace comes from the work of the Holy Spirit. It’s a state of mind that we can grow and foster to be our defence in any situation.
We are the instruments for God to bring peace on earth. Listen and learn about peace from scripture as Christine and Steph share some of their thoughts on what true peace looks like, how we can be peacemakers at home, and how we can teach our children to live peace-filled lives.
- What does true peace look like?
- How can we be peacemakers?
- How do we foster peace in our lives and the lives of our children? Songs, animals, books, scripture,
- Romans 5:1 – “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- 2 Thessalonians 3:16 – “Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.“
- Psalm 119:165 – “Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble.“
- Psalm 4:8 – “In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.“
- Matthew 5:9 – “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”
- Romans 12:18 – “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.”
- Philippians 4:9 – “Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.”
- John 14:27 – “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.”