Thankful, grateful, appreciative–these are all words to describe how we should be as followers of Christ and to have a life of joy and peace. Think on the good and beautiful of your life, of the people around you and of the world and you’ll find life, people and the world look a little better every day. It’s an intentional training of the mind to be thankful and to stop entertaining negative thoughts of complaints and bitterness. What you focus on grows, so you’re best to focus on the blessings and the great God you have!
- Give thanks always.
- Giving thanks even when things are not so great (because He is good), we complain less.
- How can we give thanks? (Psalm 100)
- Give thanks for others around us and be genuine about it.
- Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. – 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. – Colossians 3:17
- Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever. – Psalm 136:1
- A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. – Psalm 100:1-5
- We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, – 1 Thessalonians 1:2
Continue the conversation below. How are you thankful? Share your thoughts and ideas.
The Startup Story
Hear from the creators of Firing up Faith and Family about why they encourage other moms in their many roles and responsibilities. This short introduction…
Read More »
The Calling of Teaching Your Children (Homeschooling or Not)
Whether you take on all the education of your children or not, teaching your children is happening in all kinds of ways. Hear some approaches…
Read More »
Family Games – Learning Through Play
Playing games together as a family is not only fun bond-building time, but it can also be educational. We’re sharing some games that we do…
Read More »