After a series of talks on parenting insights from the Bible it’s only fitting to discuss the father of us all, God. The one that knows the plans for us, gives us every good and perfect gift, has a steadfast love that never ceases, and is the creator of all that is good. In fact, He is the source of all that is good within each believer and as we raise our children, it is our privilege and challenge to be living the good life that he has created us for!
He has set the example for us in His Word and that is vital to teach to our kids. He has also gifted us with certain skills and talents that are needed for the Kingdom and it is just as vital that we are living that out and showing our children, and everyone else around us, what a relationship with God looks like. How we use what God has given us, speaks louder and more profoundly than anything we can say.
Points of Discussion
- God is not only a good father, He is the definition of good.
- God makes good things – we have to set the example of doing our best, we should be making good things with our lives, skills and talents.
- God gives us good things – whatever we do for our kids, we should make sure they are good things, give the kinds of things that God gives us.
- Genesis (creation) It is good.
- Matthew 7:11: If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
- James 1:17: Every good gift and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
- Nahum 1:7: The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.
- Psalm 107:1: Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
- Psalm 145:9: The Lord is good to all, and his mercy is over all that he has made.
Continue the Conversation
Speak your blessings! And for this platform, write it as a comment and share what God has given you–because He gives so much!